Hi guest. Welcome to FreakingNews! Register (free) or Login     
    Live Help  
FreakingNews homepage
Forums | FN T-Shirts | Chat Room | Site News | Member Search | Hall of Fame | 

All Forums
General Forum: Site News, Bugs, and General Chat

Using pics from other online contest.


Register or Login
to Post in This Thread.


hobbit90
7/8/2018 8:12:58 AM


Status: Commander in Chief
Using pics from other online contest.

"We no longer accept images that were entered on any other Photoshop contest site", this is from the Freaking News guidelines, did it change and are we aloud to use pics we did for other contest online? I have been seeing some pics here on our site, that was submitted to other contest.

[Edited by 'hobbit90' on 7/8/2018 8:14:26 AM]
Comments: 7416
Contest Entries: 1922
A penny saved is... all we'll have when the Government is done with us.
SplatShot
Independents
7/8/2018 8:50:25 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 7/8/2018 8:12:58 AM, hobbit90 said:
"We no longer accept images that were entered on any other Photoshop contest site", this is from the Freaking News guidelines, did it change and are we aloud to use pics we did for other contest online? I have been seeing some pics here on our site, that was submitted to other contest.



You are so right, Hobbit! I've been seeing those Pictures Too...
It is disappointing to see, to say the very least.
Comments: 5596
Contest Entries: 265
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

ReggieRey
Republicans
7/9/2018 2:40:43 AM


Status: Senator
I missed the vote for the Freak Show contest because my internet carrier was down for repairs (according to a recording) and was not back up until long after the last contest vote. There were some awesome beautifully done entries in this contest! But then I started reading the comments and seeing the flags. There was definitely a breach of the no recycle rule, but I didn't know about this until after the fact and the contest had ended, so I left a message with FreakMaster to make a decision on it. The second flag was on yours Splatshot, that claimed your entry was "Racist", which I found baseless and frankly absurd, unflagged it. Great job by the way. All of you did a great job, you guys and gals are truly some of the best and greatest at what you do! Hats off to you all!
Comments: 2160
Contest Entries: 28

hobbit90
Independents
7/9/2018 8:20:17 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 7/9/2018 2:40:43 AM, ReggieRey said:
I missed the vote for the Freak Show contest because my internet carrier was down for repairs (according to a recording) and was not back up until long after the last contest vote. There were some awesome beautifully done entries in this contest! But then I started reading the comments and seeing the flags. There was definitely a breach of the no recycle rule, but I didn't know about this until after the fact and the contest had ended, so I left a message with FreakMaster to make a decision on it. The second flag was on yours Splatshot, that claimed your entry was "Racist", which I found baseless and frankly absurd, unflagged it. Great job by the way. All of you did a great job, you guys and gals are truly some of the best and greatest at what you do! Hats off to you all!



Hey ReggieRey, I was wondering too about my voting Pts, voting points was knocked down some because I voted his pic down for being used in a two other contest, will I get back what I lost? PS, it's ok if I can't!
Thanks a lot ReggieRey

[Edited by User on 7/9/2018 8:42:31 AM]
Comments: 7416
Contest Entries: 1922
A penny saved is... all we'll have when the Government is done with us.

ReggieRey
Republicans
7/9/2018 3:48:00 PM


Status: Senator
Hobbit, I'm not sure how this works out. I would think if FreakMaster removes it, then you would get your karma points back. I'll ask FreakMaster about it and get back to you.
Comments: 2160
Contest Entries: 28

hobbit90
Independents
7/9/2018 7:22:17 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 7/9/2018 3:48:00 PM, ReggieRey said:
Hobbit, I'm not sure how this works out. I would think if FreakMaster removes it, then you would get your karma points back. I'll ask FreakMaster about it and get back to you.



Thanks sweetie, it's ok if not!
Comments: 7416
Contest Entries: 1922
A penny saved is... all we'll have when the Government is done with us.

SplatShot
Independents
7/9/2018 9:05:12 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 7/9/2018 2:40:43 AM, ReggieRey said:
I missed the vote for the Freak Show contest because my internet carrier was down for repairs (according to a recording) and was not back up until long after the last contest vote. There were some awesome beautifully done entries in this contest! But then I started reading the comments and seeing the flags. There was definitely a breach of the no recycle rule, but I didn't know about this until after the fact and the contest had ended, so I left a message with FreakMaster to make a decision on it. The second flag was on yours Splatshot, that claimed your entry was "Racist", which I found baseless and frankly absurd, unflagged it. Great job by the way. All of you did a great job, you guys and gals are truly some of the best and greatest at what you do! Hats off to you all!



Thank you very much, Reggie! I really appreciate you checking into these matters and in supporting this site for us to play in!
As for the flagging, lol...it figures. I'm sure you've recognized over the years just how rational and extremely intuitive I actually am. That's why I took the voting results of this latest FreakShow contest in complete stride. I knew what had happened, when it had happened, and who had happened.

Again Thanks, Reggie!


Comments: 5596
Contest Entries: 265
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

ReggieRey
Republicans
7/10/2018 10:01:01 AM


Status: Senator
That is very kind of you SplatShot! It's feels good to be appreciated, and I thank you for that! And for any input you have to offer.
Comments: 2160
Contest Entries: 28

SplatShot
Independents
7/10/2018 10:00:05 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 7/10/2018 10:01:01 AM, ReggieRey said:
That is very kind of you SplatShot! It's feels good to be appreciated, and I thank you for that! And for any input you have to offer.



My pleasure, Reggie!

Okay a little SS input. (:
If it were me... I would immediately Rock the Voting System with a large number of voters. The smaller numbers make the contest much to volatile and transparent. Larger voting numbers will lend to a much better feel of competition. And secondly the Ata-Boys and civil critiques in the comments section (veterans and nubile young things alike) go a long way in making a member feel at home.
Comments: 5596
Contest Entries: 265
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

ReggieRey
Republicans
7/11/2018 1:45:14 PM


Status: Senator

On 7/10/2018 10:00:05 PM, SplatShot said:
My pleasure, Reggie!

Okay a little SS input. (:
If it were me... I would immediately Rock the Voting System with a large number of voters. The smaller numbers make the contest much to volatile and transparent. Larger voting numbers will lend to a much better feel of competition. And secondly the Ata-Boys and civil critiques in the comments section (veterans and nubile young things alike) go a long way in making a member feel at home.



First, thank you for your input, SS! I agree with you 100% that large numbers of voters are needed. It would provide a greater cross section of voters with different levels of expertise and hopfully greater knowledge of what goes into a good chop and to vote accordingly. But I'm going to have to do some research on "Rocking the Voting System" Lol. And I definitely agree that most everybody like seeing nice and encouraging coments on their work, and you have always been one of leaders of encouragment and thoughtful comments! Good stuff SplatShot!
Comments: 2160
Contest Entries: 28

IcyAllEyeCan
Independents
7/11/2018 10:37:52 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Just to clarify - W1K no longer exists, so all those entries made for contests there are gone, not in contest files anywhere, though they are still online, if the artist didn't withdraw them from the transfer to Design Crowd, but just as they might be up at the artists' sites or at some art site, etc. As such, in my humble opinion, those pieces are usable for contests here. I mostly put my W1K stuff into Dagger Bay contests, if applicable, (hasn't happened a lot) but would put them here if the contest fit.
Comments: 1713
Contest Entries: 611
~Icyhttp://phorho.blogspot.com

Manosart
Independents
7/12/2018 5:49:12 AM


Status: Chief Justice
I have to agree with you "IcyAllEyeCan" Worth1000 no longer exists, so all those entries made for contests there are gone.
So Reggie will my "Steampunk FlyWagon" entry DQ? ,Am i allowed
to use any past entry from Worth1000 in a next FREAKSHOW?
Comments: 327
Contest Entries: 143

ReggieRey
Republicans
7/12/2018 8:54:27 AM


Status: Senator

On 7/12/2018 5:49:12 AM, Manosart said:
I have to agree with you "IcyAllEyeCan" Worth1000 no longer exists, so all those entries made for contests there are gone.
So Reggie will my "Steampunk FlyWagon" entry DQ? ,Am i allowed
to use any past entry from Worth1000 in a next FREAKSHOW?



Manosart, I was told by FreakMaster that your image must be DQed. That once an image has been in the public domain, it cannot be used here. When an image is submited to FN they claim copyright. So any image submited has to be of original content. I'm sorry but I had no choice but to DQ "Steampunk FlyWagon"
Comments: 2160
Contest Entries: 28

IcyAllEyeCan
Independents
7/12/2018 3:48:25 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
That sucks. Freaking News cannot take copyright from the artist. What you take/own (are given by our entry) is the right to show/publish. It's not in the public domain if it's shown somewhere before here - that is the wrong term, IIRC. If you mean an entry cannot be shown somewhere before here AT ALL then that just sucks. It means we come here first with our artwork or don't bring it here at all, and that sort of undercuts the use of the particular contest in question. If you mean entries cannot be shown or participate in other contests, then say THAT.

A lot of clarification is needed, please.


ETA:

by the way, just re-read the original post in this thread and it asks this specifically -- other contests. Not shown somewhere else, but in CONTESTS. Was Manosart's entry in another contest?
In the photography world we definitely enter our work in multiple contests, but if it's displayed in a town or forum, that forum might have rules of "not here before" because they want their audience to see stuff they haven't seen elsewhere.

[Edited by User on 7/12/2018 3:51:34 PM]
Comments: 1713
Contest Entries: 611
~Icyhttp://phorho.blogspot.com

hobbit90
Independents
7/12/2018 6:52:50 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 7/12/2018 3:48:25 PM, IcyAllEyeCan said:
That sucks. Freaking News cannot take copyright from the artist. What you take/own (are given by our entry) is the right to show/publish. It's not in the public domain if it's shown somewhere before here - that is the wrong term, IIRC. If you mean an entry cannot be shown somewhere before here AT ALL then that just sucks. It means we come here first with our artwork or don't bring it here at all, and that sort of undercuts the use of the particular contest in question. If you mean entries cannot be shown or participate in other contests, then say THAT.

A lot of clarification is needed, please.


ETA:

by the way, just re-read the original post in this thread and it asks this specifically -- other contests. Not shown somewhere else, but in CONTESTS. Was Manosart's entry in another contest?
In the photography world we definitely enter our work in multiple contests, but if it's displayed in a town or forum, that forum might have rules of "not here before" because they want their audience to see stuff they haven't seen elsewhere.

[Edited by User on 7/12/2018 3:51:34 PM]



Unfortunately, it was in a Contest, https://www.designcrowd.co.id/community/contest.aspx?id=1670446


[Edited by User on 7/12/2018 6:55:37 PM]
Comments: 7416
Contest Entries: 1922
A penny saved is... all we'll have when the Government is done with us.

ReggieRey
Republicans
7/13/2018 2:37:49 AM


Status: Senator

On 7/12/2018 3:48:25 PM, IcyAllEyeCan said: Freaking News cannot take copyright from the artist.


IcyAllEyeCan,
I encourage you to read Section 6. Intellectual Property Rights of the User Agreement, that all who wish to join must click the "I AGREE" button. You can find it in the Freaking News terms of service at the bottom of every page on this website.
Comments: 2160
Contest Entries: 28


You must log in to comment!

home - register - login - contests - galleries - FAQ - terms of service - tutorials - guidelines - privacy - copyright - contact - ^top

Blackberry for Women Cabbagolina Jolie Huskies in Eagle Masks Dolphin Jennifer Lopez with Stitches Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton Running Late

2020, Freaking News. Code by Worth1000. Page generated at 2/20/2020 9:55:01 PM in 0.063 seconds.