Hi guest. Welcome to FreakingNews! Register (free) or Login     
    Live Help  
FreakingNews homepage
Forums | FN T-Shirts | Chat Room | Site News | Member Search | Hall of Fame | 

All Forums
News Contests Discussions

Deadline time


Register or Login
to Post in This Thread.


AzureSky
2/14/2015 5:16:35 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Deadline time

AAARGH! I looked at the clock and it was nearly 11pm my time went to submit my entry too late.
I know I should have entered, then added the final piece and that it is my fault.
Is the deadline decided by computer?
Never mind. It will have to go in Freak Show.
Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Hitspinner
Independents
2/16/2015 5:06:41 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Happens to me far too often. Any more I just send it off as is. If I have any touch-ups I clean them up a little after the bell
Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

AzureSky
Independents
2/16/2015 8:24:17 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 2/16/2015 5:06:41 PM, Hitspinner said:
Happens to me far too often. Any more I just send it off as is. If I have any touch-ups I clean them up a little after the bell


Yes you are right Tim, I have learned my lesson. Now I have to try and produce some decent chops. I am not doing very well at the moment

Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Hitspinner
Independents
2/16/2015 11:19:55 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Me either hahaha. It goes up, it goes down. I don't understand it personally. I can deliver an average chop and get a gold and a far more technical and impressive one and tank. It just depends on who you are throwing in with in the krap shoot and voter disposition I guess. I try to round up my votes in spite of my mood, sentiments or whatever ails me just to at least make an attempt at honesty. There are some voters that know better that still vote below 5, maybe they are holding you down, maybe not? I generally think if I miss getting a top trophy I failed to deliver but ....mmmmm that is not always true. But it is the first place we should always look. Simple question really.... "could I have improved this?" If the answer is yes, then that is probably my answer to lower votes. And the big variable is always "What sharks are in the tank with me?" LOL Sometimes my best will never be good enough against some genius chops. Cheers... stay dry
Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

AzureSky
Independents
2/17/2015 4:19:08 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 2/16/2015 11:19:55 PM, Hitspinner said:
Me either hahaha. It goes up, it goes down. I don't understand it personally. I can deliver an average chop and get a gold and a far more technical and impressive one and tank. It just depends on who you are throwing in with in the krap shoot and voter disposition I guess. I try to round up my votes in spite of my mood, sentiments or whatever ails me just to at least make an attempt at honesty. There are some voters that know better that still vote below 5, maybe they are holding you down, maybe not? I generally think if I miss getting a top trophy I failed to deliver but ....mmmmm that is not always true. But it is the first place we should always look. Simple question really.... "could I have improved this?" If the answer is yes, then that is probably my answer to lower votes. And the big variable is always "What sharks are in the tank with me?" LOL Sometimes my best will never be good enough against some genius chops. Cheers... stay dry



These days, cleanliness and precision no longer seem to count. Maybe my idea of humour is completely lost on voters. I don't "get" some American humour. I understand Jewish humour, Canadian, Aussie. Other types leave me cold.
Another problem is I find it very hard to "let go". So, the answer is "must try harder"

Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Hitspinner
Independents
2/17/2015 10:21:39 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 2/17/2015 4:19:08 PM, AzureSky said:

On 2/16/2015 11:19:55 PM, Hitspinner said:
Me either hahaha. It goes up, it goes down. I don't understand it personally. I can deliver an average chop and get a gold and a far more technical and impressive one and tank. It just depends on who you are throwing in with in the krap shoot and voter disposition I guess. I try to round up my votes in spite of my mood, sentiments or whatever ails me just to at least make an attempt at honesty. There are some voters that know better that still vote below 5, maybe they are holding you down, maybe not? I generally think if I miss getting a top trophy I failed to deliver but ....mmmmm that is not always true. But it is the first place we should always look. Simple question really.... "could I have improved this?" If the answer is yes, then that is probably my answer to lower votes. And the big variable is always "What sharks are in the tank with me?" LOL Sometimes my best will never be good enough against some genius chops. Cheers... stay dry



These days, cleanliness and precision no longer seem to count. Maybe my idea of humour is completely lost on voters. I don't "get" some American humour. I understand Jewish humour, Canadian, Aussie. Other types leave me cold.
Another problem is I find it very hard to "let go". So, the answer is "must try harder"




British humor was hard for me. Then I married an Aussie transplanted to the UK for about 15 years before she came to the states where I met her. She was the quirkiest gal I ever met. After a while of hanging together I started to appreciate that sense of humor. American humor tends to be less based on irony and futility than the British. I think that is the most defined difference between the two other than the blunt and sometimes crassness of the Americans.
Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

AzureSky
Independents
2/27/2015 1:48:20 AM


Status: Commander in Chief



British humor was hard for me. Then I married an Aussie transplanted to the UK for about 15 years before she came to the states where I met her. She was the quirkiest gal I ever met. After a while of hanging together I started to appreciate that sense of humor. American humor tends to be less based on irony and futility than the British. I think that is the most defined difference between the two other than the blunt and sometimes crassness of the Americans.


British humour is hard for a lot of people from the USA and Europe. Hindu Indians tend to have a sense of humour. I have found Iranians do as well. I find Hong Kong Chinese understand British humour too after being a British Colony for 100 years.

The British humour tends to be rather dark, and yes, a lot of irony which is inexplicable to some Americans.

Mr Bean's humour seems popular all over maybe because it is slapstick. A lot of his work is composed of sight gags,

Charlie Chaplin was a world wide hit, not only because his early films were silent, but the slapstick appealed to people the world over.

One of these days I hope to understand American humour but I don't get a lot of it. It does seem to vary according to different regions.

I do like New York humour. Also National Lampoon. The early Police Academy was very popular over here.
Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Hitspinner
Independents
2/27/2015 7:21:24 AM


Status: Commander in Chief
Robin Williams, Bob Hope, Steve martin, George Carlin, Ron White, Dennis Miller and Louis Black tend to be my favorites. But strangely enough the funniest one to me is a ventriloquist called Jeff Dunham. Non Americas funny guys goes hands down to Aussie, Jim Jeffries and of course the great Billy Connelly. Bean is a bit of an acquired taste, not all Americans take to his style right away. But I am warming up to him and my GF loves him. Jim Carrey is in the mix too, must not forget him, but like Rowan he has to grow on you. At first, I watched blankly then boy did he ever grow on me. Talented and funny dude. Now to my all time, absolute favorite probably has to be John Cleese. Faulty Towers still tears me to stitches and I have seen the episodes a million times. Even own the series. Paul Hogan Show is also excellent but hard to find here in the states
Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

AzureSky
Independents
3/3/2015 7:38:45 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 2/27/2015 7:21:24 AM, Hitspinner said:
Robin Williams, Bob Hope, Steve martin, George Carlin, Ron White, Dennis Miller and Louis Black tend to be my favorites. But strangely enough the funniest one to me is a ventriloquist called Jeff Dunham. Non Americas funny guys goes hands down to Aussie, Jim Jeffries and of course the great Billy Connelly. Bean is a bit of an acquired taste, not all Americans take to his style right away. But I am warming up to him and my GF loves him. Jim Carrey is in the mix too, must not forget him, but like Rowan he has to grow on you. At first, I watched blankly then boy did he ever grow on me. Talented and funny dude. Now to my all time, absolute favorite probably has to be John Cleese. Faulty Towers still tears me to stitches and I have seen the episodes a million times. Even own the series. Paul Hogan Show is also excellent but hard to find here in the states



Fawlty Towers is a real classic, do you remember The Food Inspector and the rat? Or the Psychiatrist? "Enough material for a conference" lol!
Did The Frost Report and Not the None O-Clock News make it to the States? It originated the phrase referring to a car/automobile "Designed by computers, built by robots, driven by idiots!"
Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Hitspinner
Independents
3/4/2015 11:44:14 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/3/2015 7:38:45 PM, AzureSky said:

On 2/27/2015 7:21:24 AM, Hitspinner said:
Robin Williams, Bob Hope, Steve martin, George Carlin, Ron White, Dennis Miller and Louis Black tend to be my favorites. But strangely enough the funniest one to me is a ventriloquist called Jeff Dunham. Non Americas funny guys goes hands down to Aussie, Jim Jeffries and of course the great Billy Connelly. Bean is a bit of an acquired taste, not all Americans take to his style right away. But I am warming up to him and my GF loves him. Jim Carrey is in the mix too, must not forget him, but like Rowan he has to grow on you. At first, I watched blankly then boy did he ever grow on me. Talented and funny dude. Now to my all time, absolute favorite probably has to be John Cleese. Faulty Towers still tears me to stitches and I have seen the episodes a million times. Even own the series. Paul Hogan Show is also excellent but hard to find here in the states



Fawlty Towers is a real classic, do you remember The Food Inspector and the rat? Or the Psychiatrist? "Enough material for a conference" lol!
Did The Frost Report and Not the None O-Clock News make it to the States? It originated the phrase referring to a car/automobile "Designed by computers, built by robots, driven by idiots!"



As I am unfamiliar with either show, I don't think they were shown here.

Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

AzureSky
Independents
3/4/2015 7:29:09 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/4/2015 11:44:14 AM, Hitspinner said:

On 3/3/2015 7:38:45 PM, AzureSky said:

On 2/27/2015 7:21:24 AM, Hitspinner said:
Robin Williams, Bob Hope, Steve martin, George Carlin, Ron White, Dennis Miller and Louis Black tend to be my favorites. But strangely enough the funniest one to me is a ventriloquist called Jeff Dunham. Non Americas funny guys goes hands down to Aussie, Jim Jeffries and of course the great Billy Connelly. Bean is a bit of an acquired taste, not all Americans take to his style right away. But I am warming up to him and my GF loves him. Jim Carrey is in the mix too, must not forget him, but like Rowan he has to grow on you. At first, I watched blankly then boy did he ever grow on me. Talented and funny dude. Now to my all time, absolute favorite probably has to be John Cleese. Faulty Towers still tears me to stitches and I have seen the episodes a million times. Even own the series. Paul Hogan Show is also excellent but hard to find here in the states



Fawlty Towers is a real classic, do you remember The Food Inspector and the rat? Or the Psychiatrist? "Enough material for a conference" lol!
Did The Frost Report and Not the None O-Clock News make it to the States? It originated the phrase referring to a car/automobile "Designed by computers, built by robots, driven by idiots!"



As I am unfamiliar with either show, I don't think they were shown here.




They were episodes of Fawlty Towers. Did you notice the sign was changed every episode? Usually an anagram such as Flowery sandboxs.
Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle


You must log in to comment!

home - register - login - contests - galleries - FAQ - terms of service - tutorials - guidelines - privacy - copyright - contact - ^top

Julia Roberts Facelift Commander Barack Obama Caricature Tiger Woods in Brokeback Golf Course Two Faced Katy Perry and Amy Winehouse Rabbit Flying a Carrot Plane Mel Gibson with Battered Oksana Grigorieva

2019, Freaking News. Code by Worth1000. Page generated at 11/15/2019 2:11:47 AM in 0.062 seconds.