Hi guest. Welcome to FreakingNews! Register (free) or Login     
    Live Help  
FreakingNews homepage
Forums | FN T-Shirts | Chat Room | Site News | Member Search | Hall of Fame | 

All Forums
News Contests Discussions

Layout


Register or Login
to Post in This Thread.


Page 1 2 3
Hitspinner
Independents
10/20/2013 3:39:42 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Cool. If you need help, let me know.
Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

UncleChamp
Independents
10/20/2013 5:09:44 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Wow NewsMaster, that was fast, and it looks perfect to me! The red jumps out and makes it very easy to see the contest that the submissions have ended!

[Edited by User on 10/20/2013 6:38:02 PM]
Comments: 3317
Contest Entries: 231

Hitspinner
Independents
10/21/2013 4:00:39 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 10/20/2013 5:09:44 PM, UncleChamp said:
Wow NewsMaster, that was fast, and it looks perfect to me! The red jumps out and makes it very easy to see the contest that the submissions have ended!

[Edited by User on 10/20/2013 6:38:02 PM]



Yeah, I like the red. I have done at least 10 chops over the years for nothing because I misread the deadline, did the chop for an already closed contest. That should make it much easier to spot. Lookin gud!!!

Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

SplatShot
Independents
10/21/2013 7:58:21 AM


Status: Commander in Chief
Looks Fantastic NewsMaster! I agree the header needs a small bit of freaky decor.

An Observation.
I view the site on a widescreen monitor. I can set my browser smaller so that your margins are equal on both sides. But when I pop it to widescreen your site pushes all the content to the left and leaves a huge margin on the right...unlike other sites whose content moves and scrolls through the center of the page. Not a big deal, just wondering why?
Comments: 5596
Contest Entries: 265
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

NewsMaster
Independents
10/21/2013 9:00:46 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 10/21/2013 4:00:39 AM, Hitspinner said:
Yeah, I like the red. I have done at least 10 chops over the years for nothing because I misread the deadline, did the chop for an already closed contest. That should make it much easier to spot. Lookin gud!!!


Those chops need to be submitted to our Freak Show contests, you know!
Comments: 99153
Contest Entries: 14
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

NewsMaster
Independents
10/21/2013 9:04:34 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 10/21/2013 7:58:21 AM, SplatShot said:
Looks Fantastic NewsMaster! I agree the header needs a small bit of freaky decor.

An Observation.
I view the site on a widescreen monitor. I can set my browser smaller so that your margins are equal on both sides. But when I pop it to widescreen your site pushes all the content to the left and leaves a huge margin on the right...unlike other sites whose content moves and scrolls through the center of the page. Not a big deal, just wondering why?


Well, originally it was designed left-aligned years ago, when monitors had much lower resolutions. Now, it needs to be redesigned a tad before we push it to the center. It'll come in the next weeks. Stay tuned!
Comments: 99153
Contest Entries: 14
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Hitspinner
Independents
10/21/2013 11:20:33 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 10/21/2013 9:00:46 AM, NewsMaster said:

On 10/21/2013 4:00:39 AM, Hitspinner said:
Yeah, I like the red. I have done at least 10 chops over the years for nothing because I misread the deadline, did the chop for an already closed contest. That should make it much easier to spot. Lookin gud!!!


Those chops need to be submitted to our Freak Show contests, you know!



Yep, I generally have summited them to Freakshow in the past or modified them to fit some other theme. They never seemed quite as good as the chop with original intent, though. Calamities like that used to disturb me to near tantrum when I used to consider my chops rare pearls. But get DQed, wrongly submit, get voted down, forget to click "save" enough times and they become less important and more expendable. So any little thing you do that helps minimize goof-up is so very appreciated and welcome. In my later years, I tend to misread things. When they are outlined or in torpedoes.... that sure helps

Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

ChipMcFarlane
Independents
10/22/2013 2:15:20 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Great upgrade!
Comments: 358
Contest Entries: 472

silvercanine
Independents
10/23/2013 6:16:43 AM


Status: Commander in Chief
Hi guys.... I like the new theme alot... Thanks newsy... Really glad to see yuor great website developed and growing fastly... And a marvelous audience subscribed here...

And here an image of mine that i chopped in fn for the new theme.. Old entry...

Have fun...


http://www.freakingnews.com/Freaking-News-Evil-Theme-Pics-84481.asp
Comments: 1998
Contest Entries: 215

pcrdds
Independents
10/24/2013 7:41:45 AM


Status: Commander in Chief
Love the new look! Keep up the great work, Newsy!
Comments: 15030
Contest Entries: 1460

Malcolmxy
Independents
10/26/2013 8:07:25 AM


Status: Attorney General
Submit links to a submit page...that's cool.

Vote links to the contest entries...also cool.

Entries links to nothing...

It lacks continuity. I'd have it link to the contest entries like Vote does.

This might be a horrible idea, though, so don't do it immediately just because I suggested it.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I like the new layout or not. I love how quickly you've incorporated suggestions from this thread into the work you've done, though, and, of course, I love you, newsie.
Comments: 847
Contest Entries: 271
War is over, if you want it

news1st
Independents
10/27/2013 6:53:55 PM
Status: Commander in Chief
Dear Vlad,

I know you worked long and hard on it? ...but the new page layout sucks. The other gave you a comfortable branding and ease of navigation. this one seems like a headache.

Sometimes there is comfort in being the same place.

Thank You!

Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

NewsMaster
Independents
11/1/2013 6:46:15 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Thanks for the compliments and for the critique, guys!

MX: Actually a good suggestion! I made "entries" link to the contest page with the entries.

Tracy: I hope you will like the upcoming new design which will be be quite different - the whole site will get a super new look, and will be moved to a new platform and a new server. It'll be launched by the end of November.

[Edited by User on 11/1/2013 6:45:16 PM]
Comments: 99153
Contest Entries: 14
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

NewsMaster
Independents
11/1/2013 6:48:11 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 10/23/2013 6:16:43 AM, silvercanine said:
Hi guys.... I like the new theme alot... Thanks newsy... Really glad to see yuor great website developed and growing fastly... And a marvelous audience subscribed here...

And here an image of mine that i chopped in fn for the new theme.. Old entry...

Have fun...

http://www.freakingnews.com/Freaking-News-Evil-Theme-Pics-84481.asp



Great to see you again, silvercanine!
That FN redesign chop you did is classic!!! Very clever "Freaking" Halloween theme there!
Comments: 99153
Contest Entries: 14
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

SplatShot
Independents
11/5/2013 9:25:03 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

I hope you will like the upcoming new design which will be be quite different - the whole site will get a super new look, and will be moved to a new platform and a new server. It'll be launched by the end of November.



NewsMaster (?)
After moving to the new server will that enable us to submit higher KB size image? The optimization is good here, but the view on my PC is just a tad bit better.. before reducing them, on average they end up about 1.3 KB. As you know I love the edit button and HTML...but for the life of me I can not figure out how to change the font color in this abbreviate language....(insert screaming icon here). Can ya help a brotha out?

And thanks for the New UN-re-sized Image link.
Comments: 5596
Contest Entries: 265
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

NewsMaster
Independents
11/6/2013 3:26:59 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 11/5/2013 9:25:03 PM, SplatShot said:
NewsMaster (?)
After moving to the new server will that enable us to submit higher KB size image? The optimization is good here, but the view on my PC is just a tad bit better.. before reducing them, on average they end up about 1.3 KB. As you know I love the edit button and HTML...but for the life of me I can not figure out how to change the font color in this abbreviate language....(insert screaming icon here). Can ya help a brotha out?

And thanks for the New UN-re-sized Image link.



Good questions, SS!

We'll bump the max allowed upload size from 350 KB to 400 KB, maybe even more on the new server.

The font color change is not supported yet on the current site, but will be done after some time on the new site (not at the time of launch but in the coming weeks, perhaps).

You are welcome about the un-resized link
Comments: 99153
Contest Entries: 14
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

SplatShot
Independents
11/7/2013 7:15:49 PM


Status: Commander in Chief


You are welcome about the un-resized link



Just want to say restricting the size on the full view was a brilliant move...It now allows me to browse all the entries at high res...without fear of blowing out the page. My new preferred method of perusing!
By the way the new sad smiley..doesn't cut it for me...looks too much like it's frightened.


[Edited by User on 11/7/2013 7:15:22 PM]
Comments: 5596
Contest Entries: 265
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

macwithfries
Independents
11/8/2013 2:06:48 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 11/7/2013 7:15:49 PM, SplatShot said:


You are welcome about the un-resized link



By the way the new sad smiley..doesn't cut it for me...looks too much like it's frightened.





Hmmm....I had a lookie at the name of the smiley, and indeed, it's called "terrified"....lol. I'm sure Vlad will fix it



[Edited by User on 11/8/2013 2:09:23 AM]
Comments: 5844
Contest Entries: 230

NewsMaster
Independents
11/8/2013 4:45:40 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
You are welcome, about the new full view, SS. And just as a bonus to all you full view junkies I've thrown in the un-resized link there too (as you said you noticed in a recent contest)
I'll fix the smiley this weekend
I understand that sad and terrified both fall into "non-happy" category, but we gotta draw a line somewhere, agreed

Been mega busy working on the new site - cant wait to show it to you, guys! The day is near though - as I said the scheduled move is by the end of the month.



[Edited by User on 11/8/2013 4:44:26 PM]
Comments: 99153
Contest Entries: 14
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Hitspinner
Independents
11/9/2013 1:27:05 AM


Status: Commander in Chief
I had a thought... ohhhhh noooooo..... he had a thought.

Will the gallery pages be affected? I only ask because FN has the only record of a few of my chops since the hard drive crashed. Thanks
Comments: 17245
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

Page 1 2 3

You must log in to comment!

home - register - login - contests - galleries - FAQ - terms of service - tutorials - guidelines - privacy - copyright - contact - ^top

...Selena Gomez Facelift Gold Hand Grenade Vladimir Putin Eating Victor Yanukovich Tiger Woods & His New Girlfriend King of the Jungle

2020, Freaking News. Code by Worth1000. Page generated at 2/20/2020 8:56:29 PM in 0.031 seconds.