Hi guest. Welcome to FreakingNews! Register (free) or Login     
    Live Help  
FreakingNews homepage
Forums | FN T-Shirts | Chat Room | Site News | Member Search | Hall of Fame | 

All Forums
News Contests Discussions

Corel Painter 12


Register or Login
to Post in This Thread.


gary21629
3/31/2012 1:49:39 PM


Status: O'Reilly's Rebel
Corel Painter 12

Does anybody use CP 12 and how do you like it ?
Comments: 453
Contest Entries: 157
Wiz
Independents
3/31/2012 2:52:13 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
"Sorry Gary, I've never used Corel Painter, but here is a link that might help.

[http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbased/fr/painter.htm]

Personally I'd stick to what i consider the Bench-mark of Graphic software... Photoshop. It's worth the extra bucks and is a lot faster and user friendly so I have been told.

Good Luck with your final choice

Wiz
Comments: 221
Contest Entries: 430

gary21629
Republicans
3/31/2012 3:00:27 PM


Status: O'Reilly's Rebel

On 3/31/2012 2:52:13 PM, Wiz said:
"Sorry Gary, I've never used Corel Painter, but here is a link that might help.

[http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbased/fr/painter.htm]

Personally I'd stick to what i consider the Bench-mark of Graphic software... Photoshop. It's worth the extra bucks and is a lot faster and user friendly so I have been told.

Good Luck with your final choice It was given as a early B-Day present so I cant complain :0)

Wiz





[Edited by User on 3/31/2012 3:02:37 PM]
Comments: 453
Contest Entries: 157

HoHouse
Republicans
3/31/2012 4:15:10 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Check out Paintshop Prox4, at $49.99 has some components of photoshop, like a warp tool,lots of photo adjust tools,good product for the price, but not as good as Photoshop.Corel Click here

[Edited by User on 3/31/2012 4:16:55 PM]
Comments: 4136
Contest Entries: 7102
HoHouse

AzureSky
Independents
3/31/2012 6:41:56 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Gimp is free and has many features like Photoshop. Some members on FN use it.

Gimp site
Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

news1st
Independents
3/31/2012 7:52:45 PM
Status: Commander in Chief
Digital Arts Online - Corel 12 Review

PC Magazine - Reviews Corel 12

I'm Sorry Your Question hasn't been Answered, but this is Photoshop Country. So? ...You have the Product in Hand, and You Want to Know What it's Like.

So ... I found You a Couple of Product Reviews, and It Seems to Be A Highly Regarded Application among Those Who Like to Paint with a Real Brush and Easel while taking those Skills into the Digital Realm. The User Interface has been Upgraded to Assimilate that of Photoshop, but they do recommend some type of Wacom Tablet to enjoy the Full Experience of the Products Genuine Hands On Painting Feel.

At about $400 Dollars (US) it is by no Means a Cheap Program, and Should Be More than Adequate to Create Some Meaningful Artwork. Me, Being Mostly a Cut and Paste Type with Photoshop would probably not enjoy Real Painting as it Does Require a Great Deal of Skill, so I still plug Away with a Hot Copy of Photoshop 7.

This has Not Stopped Me from Learning New Things and Teaching Others how to Do New Things with Photoshop. I'm Currently Enjoying the Free Trial of CS6 Beta Release which has Some Beautiful Image Manipulation Tools the Old No.#7 just doesn't Have.

So ... I Hope You Like to Paint, and Please! Enjoy Having Fun, Learning and Creating Art with Your New Software.

Take Care,

-Tracy Mapes
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

nepaguy59
Democrats
4/1/2012 1:15:24 AM


Status: Commander in Chief
I use Corel's paintshop pro x3 and like it! I also have painter 12,but seldom use it! Paint shop pro is not as good as Adobe....but I get a lot of good results from it!
Comments: 864
Contest Entries: 440

gary21629
Republicans
4/1/2012 10:49:31 AM


Status: O'Reilly's Rebel
Thank you. I actually already have that. Corel Paint 12 was given to me as an early B-Day present



On 3/31/2012 4:15:10 PM, HoHouse said:
Check out Paintshop Prox4, at $49.99 has some components of photoshop, like a warp tool,lots of photo adjust tools,good product for the price, but not as good as Photoshop.Corel Click here

[Edited by User on 3/31/2012 4:16:55 PM]



Comments: 453
Contest Entries: 157

gary21629
Republicans
4/1/2012 10:50:45 AM


Status: O'Reilly's Rebel

I will try that,ESPECIALLY if it's free :0)


On 3/31/2012 6:41:56 PM, AzureSky said:
Gimp is free and has many features like Photoshop. Some members on FN use it.

Gimp site



Comments: 453
Contest Entries: 157

gary21629
Republicans
4/1/2012 10:51:26 AM


Status: O'Reilly's Rebel
WOW Tracy, all this info is GREAT cant thank you enough



On 3/31/2012 7:52:45 PM, news1st said:
Digital Arts Online - Corel 12 Review

PC Magazine - Reviews Corel 12

I'm Sorry Your Question hasn't been Answered, but this is Photoshop Country. So? ...You have the Product in Hand, and You Want to Know What it's Like.

So ... I found You a Couple of Product Reviews, and It Seems to Be A Highly Regarded Application among Those Who Like to Paint with a Real Brush and Easel while taking those Skills into the Digital Realm. The User Interface has been Upgraded to Assimilate that of Photoshop, but they do recommend some type of Wacom Tablet to enjoy the Full Experience of the Products Genuine Hands On Painting Feel.

At about $400 Dollars (US) it is by no Means a Cheap Program, and Should Be More than Adequate to Create Some Meaningful Artwork. Me, Being Mostly a Cut and Paste Type with Photoshop would probably not enjoy Real Painting as it Does Require a Great Deal of Skill, so I still plug Away with a Hot Copy of Photoshop 7.

This has Not Stopped Me from Learning New Things and Teaching Others how to Do New Things with Photoshop. I'm Currently Enjoying the Free Trial of CS6 Beta Release which has Some Beautiful Image Manipulation Tools the Old No.#7 just doesn't Have.

So ... I Hope You Like to Paint, and Please! Enjoy Having Fun, Learning and Creating Art with Your New Software.

Take Care,

-Tracy Mapes



Comments: 453
Contest Entries: 157

Malcolmxy
Independents
4/1/2012 4:06:53 PM


Status: Attorney General

On 3/31/2012 1:49:39 PM, gary21629 said:
Does anybody use CP 12 and how do you like it ?



I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X4 and I prefer it to Photoshop and GIMP (both of which I've used quite a bit). I'm horrible at painting, though, so I probably don't use that part of the program to the fullest, but I know Paint Shop has controls that I find more intuitive, and people are always leaving comments that my work is clean and real looking (when I'm going for clean and real looking...that's not always the case), so I think I do just fine with it...that being said, I am typically in last place in all the contests I enter here, so you may want to get another opinion as mine is likely fairly worthless.
Comments: 847
Contest Entries: 271
War is over, if you want it

gary21629
Republicans
4/1/2012 4:28:49 PM


Status: O'Reilly's Rebel
LOL Malcolmxy dont feel bad all i ever get is an honorable mention BUT I do see some great talent here. I'm not here to really win any prize I( just enjoy the people here and ala in all it's just lotsa fun and a good place to get some really good tips. This is probabaly the ONLY site that can bring conservatives, independents and liberals together were they can just be themselves and have fun. Thank you so much for sharing your experince with Pain Shop. Since it was GIVEN to me I will persue learning it and when I can afford a good versions of Photoshop it will be like shooting fish in a barrel
Comments: 453
Contest Entries: 157

diamonds
Independents
4/1/2012 6:51:27 PM


Status: Political Science Professor

On 3/31/2012 4:15:10 PM, HoHouse said:
Check out Paintshop Prox4, at $49.99 has some components of photoshop, like a warp tool,lots of photo adjust tools,good product for the price, but not as good as Photoshop.Corel Click here

[Edited by User on 3/31/2012 4:16:55 PM]



When I click on the link I get an Australian site - and the price is $99.00! (I am in Oz)

I wonder if this is the typical price discrepancy between OZ and the US. Everything is always so much more expensive in Australia - IT wise ....
Comments: 1308
Contest Entries: 62
Trust Yourself - you know more than you think you do!

gary21629
Republicans
4/2/2012 6:25:56 AM


Status: O'Reilly's Rebel
That may be the educational edition
Comments: 453
Contest Entries: 157


You must log in to comment!

home - register - login - contests - galleries - FAQ - terms of service - tutorials - guidelines - privacy - copyright - contact - ^top

Moon Trike Barack Obama the Sphinx Ronald Reagan as Elvis Pink SnowMan John McCainThe Executioner Putin Claims Moon

2020, Freaking News. Code by Worth1000. Page generated at 2/28/2020 3:25:04 AM in 0.047 seconds.