Hi guest. Welcome to FreakingNews! Register (free) or Login     
    Live Help  
FreakingNews homepage
Forums | FN T-Shirts | Chat Room | Site News | Member Search | Hall of Fame | 

All Forums
Photoshop techniques

TM-DigitalTexture & UnderPainting


Register or Login
to Post in This Thread.


Page 1 2
news1st
3/24/2013 8:59:37 PM
Status: Commander in Chief
TM-DigitalTexture & UnderPainting

Facebook Page

My Latest Photoshop CS6 Action for Textures and Under Painting of Images or Objects, Opening a New Era in Digital Imagery to Change the Way Graphic Artists Think About Paint and Applying Textures. 2 Years of Toil, A Lifetime of Magic when You See What It Can Do.


TM-DigitalTexture-UnderPaintingCS2-CS6_2013_atn">
17 Kb Download



Feel Free to Ask Questions if You Need Help With It?

Take Care,

-Tracy Mapes



[Edited by 'news1st' on 3/24/2013 9:01:15 PM]

[Edited by 'news1st' on 4/18/2013 4:16:00 PM]
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275
Hitspinner
Independents
3/25/2013 4:35:03 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Tracy well done! I was wondering if this works with Photoshop 6.0?
Comments: 17244
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

news1st
Independents
3/25/2013 6:04:52 PM
Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/25/2013 4:35:03 PM, Hitspinner said:
Tracy well done! I was wondering if this works with Photoshop 6.0?



CS6 - Not Photoshop 6

You can Get a Free Trial of CS6 for 30 days at Adobe? I think this will work as far back as CS2, Tim.

I Think when you understand what I have created, You will Enjoy Very Much the Artistic Freedom of How It Works. Let Me Know if You Have Any Questions?

To Paint Underneath a Photo? ...Just Active the Paint Layers and Start Painting. I Recommend Animating Your Brushes in the Brush Palette and Using the Smudge Tool as a Paint Brush for Finger Painting.

Just Make Sure that You Unlock the Link between Your Paint Layer and Your Layer Mask, and You Can Paint at Will Without Worrying about Staying Inside the Lines.

I Hope You Like it Tim.

Take Care,

Tracy

Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

news1st
Independents
3/25/2013 6:10:43 PM
Status: Commander in Chief
Oh! - And One More Thing!

Don't Forget!

You Can Throw a Texture or Another Picture as a Texture Underneath Your Photo or Object, and Use that Picture as Your Paint Color Palette by Just Smearing the Colors Around with the Smudge Tool.

You Can Change the Color Hue/Saturation and Brightness for Any Paint Layer and Paint on Any of the Pre-Made Layer Masks to Limit the Effect.

Take Care, Tim

Tracy

[Edited by User on 3/25/2013 6:09:52 PM]
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

news1st
Independents
3/26/2013 5:10:28 AM
Status: Commander in Chief
One other Thing Tim.

I Tested this with CS2 Today, and it is Not Completely Backward Compatible with CS2.

I'm Building the CS2 Version and Hope to Release it by the end of the Day, Tomorrow and Will Be Just as Fully Featured as the CS6 Version.


By the Way? ...if you are still Toiling Away with photoshop 6, I can lead you to I Legit Copy of CS2, but don't want to post it here.

Take Care, Tracy



[Edited by User on 3/26/2013 5:10:20 AM]
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

Hitspinner
Independents
3/26/2013 2:47:07 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/26/2013 5:10:28 AM, news1st said:
One other Thing Tim.

I Tested this with CS2 Today, and it is Not Completely Backward Compatible with CS2.

I'm Building the CS2 Version and Hope to Release it by the end of the Day, Tomorrow and Will Be Just as Fully Featured as the CS6 Version.


By the Way? ...if you are still Toiling Away with photoshop 6, I can lead you to I Legit Copy of CS2, but don't want to post it here.

Take Care, Tracy



[Edited by User on 3/26/2013 5:10:20 AM]


stu di o dow ling msn. com

Comments: 17244
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

Hitspinner
Independents
3/26/2013 2:51:19 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/25/2013 6:04:52 PM, news1st said:

On 3/25/2013 4:35:03 PM, Hitspinner said:
Tracy well done! I was wondering if this works with Photoshop 6.0?



CS6 - Not Photoshop 6

You can Get a Free Trial of CS6 for 30 days at Adobe? I think this will work as far back as CS2, Tim.

I Think when you understand what I have created, You will Enjoy Very Much the Artistic Freedom of How It Works. Let Me Know if You Have Any Questions?

To Paint Underneath a Photo? ...Just Active the Paint Layers and Start Painting. I Recommend Animating Your Brushes in the Brush Palette and Using the Smudge Tool as a Paint Brush for Finger Painting.

Just Make Sure that You Unlock the Link between Your Paint Layer and Your Layer Mask, and You Can Paint at Will Without Worrying about Staying Inside the Lines.

I Hope You Like it Tim.

Take Care,

Tracy




Yep, I am a dinosaur. PS6 is what I use LOL Too poor to buy the good stuff and effects. But I am fascinated with your idea. I sort of have a remotely similarfeature in Photoimpression but the textures are fixed. You use what they got or nuthin and cropping in is a pain
Comments: 17244
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

AzureSky
Independents
3/26/2013 5:58:54 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
Thanks Tracey. I tried to download it but couldn't.
Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

news1st
Independents
3/27/2013 3:12:19 AM
Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/26/2013 5:58:54 PM, AzureSky said:
Thanks Tracey. I tried to download it but couldn't.



Try This Link AzsureSky
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

AzureSky
Independents
3/27/2013 4:24:41 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/27/2013 3:12:19 AM, news1st said:

On 3/26/2013 5:58:54 PM, AzureSky said:
Thanks Tracey. I tried to download it but couldn't.



Try This Link AzsureSky


It takes me to the Google sign in page, then nothing happens.Sorry.
Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

news1st
Independents
3/27/2013 6:02:46 AM
Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/27/2013 4:24:41 AM, AzureSky said:

On 3/27/2013 3:12:19 AM, news1st said:

On 3/26/2013 5:58:54 PM, AzureSky said:
Thanks Tracey. I tried to download it but couldn't.



Try This Link AzsureSky


It takes me to the Google sign in page, then nothing happens.Sorry.



http://www.filedropper.com/tm-digitaltexture-underpaintingcs2actionset2013
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

AzureSky
Independents
3/27/2013 5:54:20 PM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/27/2013 6:02:46 AM, news1st said:

On 3/27/2013 4:24:41 AM, AzureSky said:

On 3/27/2013 3:12:19 AM, news1st said:

On 3/26/2013 5:58:54 PM, AzureSky said:
Thanks Tracey. I tried to download it but couldn't.



Try This Link AzsureSky


It takes me to the Google sign in page, then nothing happens.Sorry.



http://www.filedropper.com/tm-digitaltexture-underpaintingcs2actionset2013


Thank you. Not sure how to open an atn file though so will investigate.

Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

news1st
Independents
3/27/2013 10:43:53 PM
Status: Commander in Chief



http://www.filedropper.com/tm-digitaltexture-underpaintingcs2actionset2013

Thank you. Not sure how to open an atn file though so will investigate.




OK! ...Just throw it in Your Photoshop Programs Folder Called Actions.

Then You can Load the Action from Inside Photoshop

Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

news1st
Independents
3/28/2013 5:42:06 AM
Status: Commander in Chief



Thank you. Not sure how to open an atn file though so will investigate.




P\Azure Sky , Here is a PSD File for You to Start with So You know how to Format Your Own Photoshop File before You Run the Action

http://www.filedropper.com/bald-model-basic

Download This and Run the Action after Opening it. Please Highlight the Background Copy before Running the Action.

I know this sounds complicated but I think You will be Pleased when you See the New World it Opens Up in Applying Texture and Paint to an Image.

Take Care,

Tracy Mapes
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

news1st
Independents
3/28/2013 5:42:52 AM
Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/28/2013 5:42:06 AM, news1st said:



Thank you. Not sure how to open an atn file though so will investigate.




Azure Sky , Here is a PSD File for You to Start with So You know how to Format Your Own Photoshop File before You Run the Action

http://www.filedropper.com/bald-model-basic

Download This and Run the Action after Opening it. Please Highlight the Background Copy before Running the Action.

I know this sounds complicated but I think You will be Pleased when You See the New World it Opens Up in Applying Texture and Paint to an Image.

Take Care,

Tracy Mapes

[Edited by User on 3/28/2013 5:42:21 AM]
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

AzureSky
Independents
3/28/2013 6:30:33 AM


Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/28/2013 5:42:52 AM, news1st said:

On 3/28/2013 5:42:06 AM, news1st said:



Thank you. Not sure how to open an atn file though so will investigate.




Azure Sky , Here is a PSD File for You to Start with So You know how to Format Your Own Photoshop File before You Run the Action

http://www.filedropper.com/bald-model-basic

Download This and Run the Action after Opening it. Please Highlight the Background Copy before Running the Action.

I know this sounds complicated but I think You will be Pleased when You See the New World it Opens Up in Applying Texture and Paint to an Image.

Take Care,

Tracy Mapes

[Edited by User on 3/28/2013 5:42:21 AM]


Thank you, I will try this later, have to go out today.

Comments: 12495
Contest Entries: 1352
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

news1st
Independents
4/18/2013 12:53:30 AM
Status: Commander in Chief

On 3/28/2013 6:30:33 AM, AzureSky said:

On 3/28/2013 5:42:52 AM, news1st said:

On 3/28/2013 5:42:06 AM, news1st said:



Thank you. Not sure how to open an atn file though so will investigate.




Azure Sky , Here is a PSD File for You to Start with So You know how to Format Your Own Photoshop File before You Run the Action

http://www.filedropper.com/bald-model-basic

Download This and Run the Action after Opening it. Please Highlight the Background Copy before Running the Action.

I know this sounds complicated but I think You will be Pleased when You See the New World it Opens Up in Applying Texture and Paint to an Image.

Take Care,

Tracy Mapes

[Edited by User on 3/28/2013 5:42:21 AM]



Thank you, I will try this later, have to go out today.




New Download Link for Action

http://www.filedropper.com/tm-digitaltexture-underpaintingcs2-cs62013

Here is a Link to My Digital Under Painting and Texture Action. Just Copy the File into your CS2 to CS6 Adobe]CS2-CS6]Presets]Actions Folder. You can then Choose the New Action from the Drop Down Menu in the Actions Palette with the Command 'Load Actions".

I Hope You Enjoy how this Works. It's made to Open Many Doors to Painting and Texturizing Images in Photoshop.

For Best Result, the Image You Run the Action On should have a Base Layer Named, "Background ", and a Duplicate of that Layer called "Background Copy" with a Layer Mask already Applied.

Take Care, and Contact me if you Have Any Questions.

Tracy Mapes
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

news1st
Independents
5/9/2013 3:21:56 PM
Status: Commander in Chief


[Edited by User on 5/9/2013 3:22:46 PM]
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

Hitspinner
Independents
5/20/2013 7:17:47 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
That is just too cool
Comments: 17244
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

Hitspinner
Independents
5/20/2013 7:23:52 PM


Status: Commander in Chief
In can't get a download button on facebook link???
The Email link you sent went bye bye on the other computer, Tracy. Pls advise TY
Comments: 17244
Contest Entries: 1280
Hitspinner the Wise

news1st
Independents
5/21/2013 11:29:49 AM
Status: Commander in Chief

On 5/20/2013 7:23:52 PM, Hitspinner said:
In can't get a download button on facebook link???
The Email link you sent went bye bye on the other computer, Tracy. Pls advise TY




Dear Tim,

Try this Link.

http://www.filedropper.com/tm-digitaltexture-underpaintingcs2-cs62013f

Just Copy this Action File in Your Adobe]CS2Photoshop]Prests]Action Folder.

Then Load the Action from the Actions Palette inside CS2.

There are brief Instructions at the end of the Action. You can turn these Stop Messages Off after you become familiar with the process by un-checking the little boxes next to the Stop Messages in the Actions Pallete.

Take Care,

Tracy
Comments: 1401
Contest Entries: 275

Page 1 2

You must log in to comment!

home - register - login - contests - galleries - FAQ - terms of service - tutorials - guidelines - privacy - copyright - contact - ^top

Fish Sun Girl on a Flying Scooter Cat Turkey Cactus Giraffe Harry Potter + Dick Cheney

2019, Freaking News. Code by Worth1000. Page generated at 10/23/2019 11:04:57 AM in 0.047 seconds.